Want to be a counselor? Here's what you need to know
The Break for Jesus Organizing Committee is looking for some hard-working, fun-loving and creative teen counselors to assist in running this year’s programme.
- Be in grades 10 to 12 or older (grade 9 applicants will not be considered, no exceptions)
- Belong to a Ukrainian Catholic Parish
- Have several leadership qualities (hard working, mature, spiritual attitude, ability to work with children)
- Camp and/or catechism experience is an asset.
- Be available for March Break and counselor training (March 9, 2019 8 am - March 16, 2019 10 am)
- YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE for counselor training!
Note: Deadline Changed!
Applications must be submitted between October 8, 2018 - November 15, 2018 11:59:59 pm. (Please note earlier application deadline). You will be notified by December 15, 2018 if you have been selected as a counselor. All personal information provided will be kept confidential.
Application for police check:
If you have not previously been a counselor at B4J and submitted a police check, please complete and send this form along with your application.
After you have been selected to be a counselor you must apply for a police check. You will be reimbursed for the cost of obtaining the check. Apply in person at your local police station. Notify the police that this is a volunteer position. Allow 6-8 weeks for processing.